Web and Domain Hosting in Australia is an important thing to consider when building a website in Australia.
So, if you are thinking of buying Australian domains for your website, you should be well aware of how you can buy a new domain, what the steps are to buy the existing domain name, and what things you should consider before making a domain purchase.
No worries. In this guide, we will explore each of them separately. Let’s go!
How To Purchase A New Domain Name?
Step 1: Choose a Domain Name
- The domain name is your website’s identity, appearing before the “.com” or “.org.”
- Aim for a catchy, memorable name aligned with your brand.
- Check availability with reliable domain registrars
- Consider alternative extensions like .org, .biz, or .net if the desired name is taken.
Step 2: Choose a Reliable Domain Name Registrar
- Consider factors beyond cost when selecting a registrar.
- Some registrars may lack privacy protections.
- Evaluate if using the same company for domain registration and hosting is convenient.
- Read the fine print for domain registration inclusion in hosting packages.
Step 3: Purchase and Register Your Domain Name
- Opt for privacy protection to shield personal information from the public ICANN registry.
- Purchase the domain name by paying the nominal fee.
- Pay attention to registration duration; consider a shorter term with automatic renewal.
- Be cautious about bidding on already owned domains due to potential high costs.
Step 4: Read and Understand the Domain Name Contract Carefully
- Understand the domain name contract, governing services, rights, obligations, and potential changes.
Step 5: Don’t Lose the Domain Name
- Renew your domain name to maintain ownership.
- Auto-renewal simplifies the process and ensures payment information is up-to-date.
- If the domain expires, it becomes available for others to purchase.
How To Buy the Existing Domain Name?
- If your domain already exists, then find out if it is owned by a domain trader or actively used by someone.
- Then, contact the domain trader or owner and express your interest in purchasing the domain.
- Negotiate terms with the owner or make a formal written offer by including the offer details, proposed pricing, and your contact information.
- Once terms are agreed upon, sign a formal contract to protect both parties and make payment using the secure platform.
- Then, choose an ICANN-accredited registrar for the domain transfer process and confirm your ownership.
- The registrar will complete the transfer, which may take up to 60 days and could involve a fee.
Tips to Choose a Domain Name
- Choose a domain that is easy to type; avoid slang, multiple spellings, numbers and hyphens.
- Keep your domain name short and simple.
- Consider using keywords with large search volumes that also describe your business and services.
- Consider including the city or state for local businesses.
- Select a catchy, memorable and appealing domain name.
- Ensure the name isn’t trademarked or used by another company.
- Choose an appropriate domain extension based on business type, like .au for Australia and .com for commercial websites.
- Purchase various extensions to protect and build your brand.
Understanding how to buy domain names and tips to buy the perfect domain name will help to build an online brand.
Brand names are the web addresses of your online world, which ultimately help boost your search engine ranking and visibility in search engines and help you achieve your online goals.